WTG Gearbox Inspection Specialist – SGS North America Inc. – Cedar Rapids, IA
SGS North America Inc
- Responsibilities (This job is a very small project requires inspection of a Wind Turbine Gear Box disassembly, repair, witness of any testing and re-assembly and may take only a few days).
- Perfrom inspeciton of diassembly, reapir and re-assembly of a Wind Turbine Gear Box.
- Perform daily inspections of the work performed by contractors and subcontractors, while verifying compliance with established quality assurance procedures, checklists, codes and specifications.
- Major and minor material component delivery, offloading, storage and initial acceptance inspections as needed.
- Inspections of mechanical and electrical assembly, installation and commissioning of full gear box all associated works.
- Review and assistance of the final walk down and punch list preparation. Verification of punch list completion.
- Quality job book review of completion.
- Prepare and report non-conformities to Erection Superintendent and Construction Manager for corrective actions including lost or damaged material request and new material delivery follow up.
- Coordinate with the Erection Superintendent, Engineering and Construction Manager to resolve non-conformities encountered during assembly, erection and commissioning.
- Maintain a log and continuously follow up on all open actions and keep management informed on all matters pertaining to quality.
- Write and submit inspection reports to site and company management summarizing the status of all quality issues and activities on site.
- Understand and interpret schematics and erection drawings
- Lead by example and enforce safety and quality standards
- Min 5 year of experience around WTG Gear Box installation, dissassembly, repair/maintenance and reassembly.
- Knowledge and experience with metal components, mechanical and electrical, fiber, surface treatments, inspections, quality control methods, tensioning equipment.
Preferred: Degree in technical or engineering field.
- Preferred: ASQ Certified and Certified ISO auditor.
- Analytical skills – must be able to reach conclusions and make recommendations based on collected data.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, drawings and specifications.
- Ability to successfully interact with contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several activities at once, including: organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, and prepare reports.
- Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of MS office applications (i.e.: Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Follow oral and written instructions in English and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, climb stairs, hearing ability to use close range radios, visual acuity including depth perception, field of vision and the ability to distinguish between colors, ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as needed, as well as hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to climb to heights of 60 to 120 meters and supervise work in confined space environments.
- Possess a valid US driver’s license, and willing and able to travel as needed to meet business objectives.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $24.00 – $34.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- WTG Gear Box installaiton, repair and maintenance inspection: 5 years (Preferred)
- Wind Turbine Inspection: 7 years (Preferred)
- 2 months or less
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Wtg+Gearbox+Inspection+Specialist&c=SGS+North+America&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=55d3edd676779b1e&rtk=1en9960c3o16u800&from=rss→