ICR IOWA is a nonprofit organization launched in 2017 by the Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance and the Iowa City Area Development Group. This joint venture was developed to ensure Iowa City-Cedar Rapids (ICR) prospers through community-aligned business attraction and workforce development. Our partners include the seven counties of Benton, Cedar, Iowa, Johnson, Jones, Linn, and Washington.
OUR COLLECTIVE VISION
ICR is striving to become a nationally-recognized, inclusive, and prosperous region filled with community-minded businesses and diverse people at all career stages. ICR IOWA pursues this vision in close collaboration with dozens of partnering organizations, communities, employers, and educators with a collective-impact culture developed through our core values:
- Visionary Leadership: ICR IOWA inspires the businesses and communities of the region to strive together toward a shared bright future.
- Collaborative Competitiveness: The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. ICR IOWA recognizes that our region will achieve the greatest national recognition and economic success when all elements work together.
- Bold Creativity: Creativity is in the DNA of ICR IOWA and is an essential trait of the big ideas that drive the work and sustainable prosperity of our region.
- Inclusive Diversity: ICR IOWA honors and embraces the wide range of people, skills, industries, and communities needed to realize the full potential of our region.
OUR CORE INITIATIVES
- Choose ICR: a coalition of economic development partners working together to attract new interstate employers and high quality jobs.
- ICR Talent: a coalition of employers and organizations working together to attract and retain qualified and diverse professionals.
- ICR Future: a coalition of employers, educators, and organizations working together to develop our future workforce.