Viola Gibson – High Reliability Schools Building Leadership Member (HRS) – Cedar Rapids Community School District – Cedar Rapids, IA
Cedar Rapids Community School District
Teacher Leadership/Teacher Leadership
Viola Gibson Elementary School
2020-2021 School Year
High Reliability Schools Building Leadership Member (HRS)
Position Funding Source: Teacher Leadership or Building Control
Supervised by: Building Administrator
- High Reliability Schools Building Leadership Member will work collaboratively with the building administration to create, implement, and evaluate the School Improvement Plan, using the HRS Framework and relevant data, including the HRS survey, as a guide.
# of Positions:
- up to 6 for each elementary school; up to 8 for each middle school; up to 10 for each high school
Amount of Teacher Leader Service:
- Additional hours outside of the contract day accompany this position
- School Year – 2 hours
- $500 annually
- Iowa Teaching License, three years of teaching experience, and at least one year of experience in the Cedar Rapids Community School District.
- Willingness to become knowledgeable in the High Reliability Schools Framework.
- A commitment to supporting the growth of others and the belief that adult learning is essential to student learning.
Essential Job Elements:
- Provides direction and leadership consistent with the District vision, mission, and focus.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the HRST and building staff to create, communicate, implement, and evaluate the action steps of the School Improvement Plan aligned to the High Reliability Schools Framework.
- Works collaboratively with the other members of the HRST and building staff to plan and/or provide professional learning to all teachers and/or PLC teams of teachers at the building level to carry out the goals and action steps of the School Improvement Plan.
- Works collaboratively with building and district staff to carry out the goals and action steps of the District Leadership Goals.
- Engages in professional learning opportunities to lead and support the goals of the School Improvement Plan and District Leadership Goals.
Measures of Effectiveness and Professional Growth:
- All Teacher Leader Positions will be evaluated annually in an effort to provide opportunities for the teacher to reflect upon his/her practice and administration to provide feedback to enhance professional growth.
- CRCSD evaluation procedures will be used.
- TLS rubric identifying levels of development will be used to monitor growth and determine if the teacher leader is performing at a satisfactory level to continue in the teacher leader role.
- Personal Reflection on professional growth in relation to essential job elements.
- Meets or exceeds all performance targets.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Viola+Gibson&c=Cedar+Rapids+Community+School+District&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=2285272d7aa62a7a&rtk=1eh30rs88olev800&from=rss→