Substation Project Coordinator – Alliant Energy – Cedar Rapids, IA
We have a Substation Project Coordinator opening that can be based in either Cedar Rapids, Dubuque or Mason City, IA. In this challenging role you will:
- Support and assist substation department work.
- Be responsible for the quality assurance of all aspects of material coordination for substation projects from the start of procurement through project closing.
- Verify Asset Management records are accurately updated and submit manual project closing reports.
Required for role:
- Relevant Associate’s degree AND two years of relevant experience OR four years of relevant experience if no degree.
- Working knowledge of project management methods.
- Valid driver’s license (travel throughout territory – typically day trips)
Alliant Energy offers:
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- A dynamic work environment
- Opportunities for career advancement and development
Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position.
- Prepares, reconciles, and closes work orders, including as-builts with input from Manager of Substation Construction & Maintenance and substation electricians.
- Tracks and reports various work related functions within multiple software systems (i.e., STORMS, CASCADE, Geographic Information System (GIS), etc.).
- Keep accurate property records and document with manual completion report.
- Participates on project teams and helps ensure project objectives are achieved and customer needs are met.
- Expedites all material provided on material bill for substation projects to ensure all materials are ready for construction. Resolves material problems and/or shortages through the construction phase. Provides the schedule up-date for material orders, delivery, delivery delays, and availability.
- Responsible for inventory and material accounting work in field. Checks material charges against field inventory for proper material accounting. Assists engineers in gathering field data.
- Coordinates and oversees rental/service agreements for the delivery and pickup/disposal of large equipment such as power transformers, buildings, steel, cable trench, and of oil for large equipment, etc.
- Coordinates with sub-contractors and vendors (below grade contractors, fence company, dumpsters, kiabo’s, pods, job trailers, etc.).
- Issues purchase orders and pays project related expenses.
- Track and update financial projections on small capital and retirement projects.
- Associate Degree is required *
2 years of technical and/or professional experience
- If you do not have a degree, 4 years of related experience is required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Travel can include occasional overnight stays.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand utility construction equipment, project management, and material procurement processes.
- Knowledge of project management methods. Good financial analysis knowledge.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, project management, PO System, Google Earth, GIS, Cascade, ECPD, STORMS, etc. ).
- Strong organizational skills, data storage and retention capabilities, provide project progress updates.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of materials and equipment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to work outdoors with field crews and contractors.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Note: For positions located within company territory that supply natural gas to customers, this job is covered by the Department of Transportation regulations on drug and alcohol testing (CFR 49, Parts 40 and 199), and is subject to drug testing according to said regulations.
- Note: All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this challenging opportunity, please complete our online application at www.alliantenergy.com/careers.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Substation+Project+Coordinator&c=Alliant+Energy&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=f2111bf30dfd5474&rtk=1emcut9ago1lm800&from=rss→