Staff Electronics Technician – Avionics – Collins Aerospace – Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Electronics Lab Technician who will work on a variety of industry-leading avionics from business, regional, air-transport jet aircraft, and military aircraft. Join our highly motivated team in a challenging and rewarding position that has outstanding advancement potential.
- Constructs, calibrates, adjusts, tests, maintains and troubleshoots electronic equipment, components, devices and systems working from schematics, engineering drawings and/or written/verbal instructions.
- Sets up and operates standard or special test equipment.
- Utilizes predetermined methods, sequences and setups to inspect or test electronic equipment or products, recommends necessary modifications and adjustments to engineers.
- Analyzes, interprets and records test data for engineering prototype and/or first article electronic/mechanical equipment.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs and schematics on developmental engineering equipment.
- Documents all electronic testing procedures and results.
- Assists engineers with the development of new engineering processes and/or products to ensure their manufacturability.
- May utilize various programming languages for product development or equipment control.
- Interfaces with engineering related departments regarding program implementation which requires significant interpretation and discussion.
- May provide technical support/instruction to less experienced electronics technicians.
- Performs electronics technician tasks under general supervision, following standard procedures where judgment or choice is allowed within limits; instruction is provided for new procedures or special assignments.
- Operate in accordance with Corporate, Operations, and Division policies, procedures and practices and in compliance with accepted business ethics.
An AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 8 years of relevant experience is required OR a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 2 years of relevant experience.
Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Electronic equipment development, maintenance, and repair
Debugging and testing analog and digital circuits at the component level and knowledge in the use of applicable test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and power sources.
Strong hands-on skills such as breadboarding, soldering, and circuit board repair and fabrication.
Skill in the reading and layout of schematic drawings and the ability to translate them into printed wiring boards.
Must be self-driven, customer focused and willing to take responsibility. Must be able to work effectively with others as a team member.
Must be self-driven, customer focused and willing to take responsibility.
Must be able to work effectively with others as a team member.
Staff level technician will often work independently and may be required to exhibit leadership and ownership.
Experience working with Processors, Switch products, and fiber optics would be a plus.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick – Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Staff+Electronic+Technician&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=d4c296e76bdd29ff&rtk=1emuvjk69o1ds800&from=rss→