Portfolio Manager – IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union – Iowa City, IA
IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union
IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union is growing and we are recruiting for a Portfolio Manager! This role is flexible with remote and in-office work. The ideal candidate would be able to come to the office as needed and be able to function successfully remotely.
The successful candidate should have following skills/qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business or Accounting required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of related experience in a financial or banking environment is required.
- Specific knowledge of data and/or risk analysis is necessary. Experience with advanced formulas in Microsoft excel or Microsoft Power BI is a plus.
- Management experience preferred.
IHMVCU serves more than 130,000 members and with over $1.5 billion in assets. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k) with company match and profit sharing, holiday pay, vacation benefits, and health insurance including dental and vision. If you want a glimpse of what it’s like to work here, watch our ‘Get Your Slice of the Pie’ video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm9V_ELd5E8.
As an organization focused on financial health, we rely on our risk management team to help us adapt to new and changing priorities. Our culture is focused on being authentic, member-driven, and innovative with new technologies to support our members and their communities.
The Portfolio Manager role is focused on managing risk within the credit union’s loan portfolio and helping to ensure positive performance.
Main duties include:
- Perform financial and credit analysis on large datasets and communicate conclusions
- Responsible for predicting change and future trends, as well as forecasting cost to the organization
- Analyze business strategies and advise on decisions that manage risk, drive profitability, reduce exposure to losses, meet business goals and improve performance
- Apply predictive models, third party data, and other tools to develop and execute appropriate segmentation and targeting for acquisition and portfolio strategies to provide insight into portfolio risk
- Present findings, ideas and recommendations to reduce or control risk via reports and presentations. Assist the credit union with setting and meeting financial goals and creating good capital
- Sitting: Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Finger, handle, touch: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Lifting Demands: Up to 10 lbs.
- Visual Demands: Visual acuity to do things such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Portfolio+Manager&c=IH+Mississippi+Valley+Credit+Union&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=efafeb2f40db96c9&rtk=1ellp8k7pnphk800&from=rss→