Mgr, Acct & Financial Analysis – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
- Assist with the preparation of the budget for clinical services on main campus and network locations
- Monitor performance to budget of clinical services associated with specific targets and trends.
- Reconcile expense and revenue to assure transactions are aligned with budgeted expectations and operational initiatives.
- Provide input in the development of dashboards to track key performance indicators related to financial metrics.
- Collaborate with PFS, medical team and other key stakeholders to provide financial reports illustrate the service line’s ability to adhere to oncology payment model standards.
- Monitor statistical data including work queues and authorization data in order to recommend and implement operational procedures and protocols to improve services.
- Model proformas to support implementation of new clinical service proposals.
- Monitor preauthorization and related insurance activities through quality assurance reviews to ensure compliance with all regulations and billing practices; provide education and training when deficiencies are identified or new processes are implemented.
- Assist in assignment of CPT, HCPCS and/or ICD-10 codes for new services and projection of estimates for patient financial consideration.
- Review and apply third party payor (Medicare, Medicaid, Wellmark, etc) preauthorization regulations and compliance program standards.
- Manage workflow for financial approval and assure appropriate individuals are included.
- Approve purchases entered by others supporting clinical services.
- Identify positional needs; develop and/or modify position descriptions to recruit and manage staff.
- Communicate staffing needs and model requirements to administration and leadership.
- Interview, select and evaluate the performance of staff, including training, promotion and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Approve remote work agreements and monitors staffs performance and productivity in relation to agreements.
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or related field or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a healthcare setting related to business administration, finance or healthcare operations
- Proficiency with computer software applications (such as MS Office Suite or comparable programs).
- Excellent and professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate inquiries from patients, staff and administration.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Master’s in Health Administration, Business Administration or Finance.
- Supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Certification as RHIT or RHIA or coding certification (i.e. CPC, CCS, etc) through a nationally recognized credentialing body such as AHIMA or AAPC or eligible to receive in 2-3 years.
- Experience in medical coding and billing.
- Experience working with prior authorizations, work queues and revenue cycle.
- Experience working with Epic
- Experience working with Tableau
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with CMS regulations or industry standards.
- Knowledge of oncology medical terminology.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of University of Iowa policies, procedures and regulations.
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume and a cover letter (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Manager&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=e55521e20fd28c61&rtk=1ek29alb0o27f800&from=rss→