Maintenance Technician – Cargill – Cedar Rapids, IA
This Full-time position is in Cedar Rapids, Iowa; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on production equipment and machinery such as hammer mills, impact mills, elevator legs, pneumatic conveying equipment, packaging and palletizing equipment, boilers, pumps, tanks, agitators and compressors according to established preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot production equipment issues both electrical and mechanical.
- Be able to read both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Troubles shoot and repairs electrical industrial control circuits, including 480V.
- Trouble shoot and repair variable frequency drives, starters, relays and fuses.
- Perform emergency repairs as requested and where qualified to do so.
- Work efficiently with outside contractors on jobs that require them.
- Install, replace or repairs electrical, mechanical equipment throughout our manufacturing facilities.
- Daily computer use consisting of Outlook, preventative maintenance software, Excel and Word.
- Cleans maintenance area as needed to ensure a neat and orderly work environment.
- Support Research and Development (R&D) and Headquarter facilities.
- Support Diamond V’s commitment to product quality, product safety and regulatory compliance by following written and routine standard operating procedures. This includes observing food hygiene, food safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) when conducting assigned job duties.
- Building maintenance that consists of replacing light bulbs and ballast, HVAC, plumbing, snow removal, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.Read and follow written instructions regarding operation, safety and repair of various equipment.
- Distinguish color for electrical wiring.
- Accurately identify and solve mechanical and electrical maintenance problems.
- Perform welding, cutting and grinding safely.
- Must be able to use: voltmeter, amp meter, megger, caliper, tape measure, lawn mower, snow blower, etc.
- Working conditions:
- Occasional exposure to noise, dust, dirt, cold, heat, heights and damp conditions.
- Some outside work.
- Frequent exposure to potentially hazardous equipment and chemicals (caustics, acids), grease and oily surfaces, and electricity.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written).
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above).
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice.
- At least 2 years of experience in production related work
- Must be able to perform maintenance trades including welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Forklift certified.
- Able to perform maintenance trades including electrical and machinist.
- Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location:US-IA-Cedar Rapids
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Maintenance+Technician&c=Cargill&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=f67447d2b0d2fa97&rtk=1ehda8uji375f000&from=rss→