Industrial Lubrication Technician – Shermco Industries – Cedar Rapids, IA
Since 1974, Shermco has become North America’s largest and fastest growing NETA-accredited electrical testing organization. Our focus is to make sure electrical power systems are functioning properly and safely. Add to that our Professional Engineering Group, Rotating Machinery Division, Renewable Energy Services, and Field Repair and local Repair Service Centers, places Shermco in a position to handle all things electrical. All done with an emphasis on safety and client service. That’s why we say… if it’s in the electrical power system, Shermco does it.
Backed by Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on profitably growing and competitively enhancing middle-market companies in partnership with experienced management, Shermco is poised for the next decade and beyond.
INDUSTRIAL LUBRICATION TECHNICIAN
We are seeking an experienced Industrial Lubrication Technician to perform predictive maintenance and equipment lubrication on rotating machinery (fans, pumps, blowers, motors, generators, etc.) full-time at a customer site in Cedar Rapids. Shermco is a member in good standing with EASA and PEARL and is accredited by NETA, PEV, SKF & ANAB. Come join our team!
Minimum Qualifications to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or GED; certificate or diploma from a trade school a plus
- 2+ years related experience performing oil sampling and industrial equipment lubrication; specifically with automated lubrication technology
- Must have one of the following certifications: ICML, MLA I, or MLT I
- Prefer training from Noria in Machinery Lubrication
- Knowledge or certifications in PdM technologies including Oil Analysis and Ultrasonic Detection.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Collect and analyzing oil samples from rotating equipment.
- Perform lubrication related tasks on rotating equipment.
- Meet with customers and Senior Vibration Analysts to review and evaluate identified needs.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass and maintain a good criminal background check.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50lbs, safely work around machinery with moving parts, climb ladders, work in all kinds of environmental conditions, stand and walk, use hand and power tools, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English via verbal and written methods.
- Basic computer literacy with email, word processing and database.
- Must be able to fluently read, write, and speak English.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Shermco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Shermco is a drug-free workplace.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Shermco System Integration employees, or to Shermco System Integration resume database will be considered Shermco property. Shermco will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Industrial+Lubrication+Technician&c=Shermco+Industries&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=bfee112e8fc6dd01&rtk=1emcut9ago1lm800&from=rss→