Human Resources and Payroll Coordinator – Coe College – Cedar Rapids, IA
- Prepare, process, generate and balance payroll for employees and students. Keep records for all information in the administrative software system.
- In collaboration with the HR & Benefits Administrator, input new positions and calculate wages salary/wage changes, and run reports to identify discrepancies prior to final processing.
- Maintain monthly leave accruals and usage for 175 employees, including payroll components of employee leave (FMLA, WC, etc).
- Respond to inquiries regarding payroll, clarifying processes and policy, providing resources and empowering students, faculty and staff in understanding their pay, taxes and leave.
- Collaborate with the business office to respond to audit queries and questions regarding reconciliation of payroll entries.
- In collaboration with the full Human Resources department staff, support Coe’s strategic plan commitment toward diversity and inclusion in all recruitment processes, changes and questions.
- Provide resources as needed for the recruitment process for the college, including job descriptions, recruitment policy, advertising sources, posting positions, search committee participation, interview/selection, and maintenance of recruitment records.
- Serve as a point of contact for temp agencies or recruitment firms partnering with Coe.
- Deliver inclusive search education for hiring managers regarding recruitment processes.
- Respond to employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors.
- Supervise work study students (1-4), assigning daily tasks and double checking completion, providing feedback and development opportunities.
- Support and participate in diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and programming.
- Oversight of storage and retention of process for managing personnel files.
- Establish and improve various HR processes.
- Respond to employment verifications, W-2 and pay stub requests, and other payroll & tax related inquiries in a timely and confidential manner.
- Maintain HRIS data, compliance tracking, and provide reports for EEO and IPEDS requirements in conjunction with AVP HR.
- Create and provide detailed employee reports for various institutional research and compliance/reporting purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or a related field, or commensurate experience.
- 1-2 years of human resources experience. Payroll and benefit experience preferred.
- Successful completion of a background check in accordance with Coe College policy.
- Demonstrates exemplary relationship building and communication skills.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills to analyze departmental and organizational needs and understand their intended and unintended outcomes.
- Demonstrates understanding of the position’s contributions to an inclusive work environment and commitment to multicultural perspectives.
- Knowledge of federal regulations, policies and procedures concerning employment law, benefits, recruitment and human resources compliance.
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to organize, manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities, deadlines, tasks and projects while dealing with interruptions and an uneven workload.
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, partnered with the skill needed to prioritize and respond to employee or student questions in a timely manner.
- Dedication to the educational mission of a private, residential liberal arts college.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships in a collaborative and diverse team atmosphere.
- Commitment to excellence in service to students and other constituencies, internal and external.
- Demonstrated ethical and responsible decision making.
- Consistent attendance and accountability necessary to meet position objectives.
Coe is committed to fostering a multicultural environment and encourages applications from individuals who will help fulfill that goal. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Coe College is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Human+Resource+Payroll+Coordinator&c=Coe+College&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=106e3362453b92fb&rtk=1en44fvatnpp7800&from=rss→