Hairdresser/Beautician – Garnett Place Retirement Community & Memory Care – Cedar Rapids, IA
Garnett Place Retirement Community & Memory Care
As the beautician at Garnett Place, you will charge residents for the services you offer and run the on-site salon independently without chair rental charges from the community. The work you do at Garnett Place will be rewarding as you find purpose, meaning, and have the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Provides resident satisfaction through services provided in the beauty salon.
- Provides services of a full-service beauty salon including, but not limited to, shampooing, cutting, setting of hair, hair coloring, and perms.
- Ensures residents and guests with scheduled appointments are serviced promptly.
- Keeps beauty salon well stocked with supplies; orders supplies as needed.
- Keeps salon clean and maintains a pleasant environment for residents.
Education and Experience
One year beautician certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience as a stylist.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Maintains a state beautician license.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have knowledge and expertise in providing salon services; know how to use different salon equipment. Good communication skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing for an extended period of time
- Requires interaction with employees, residents, and families
- Reaching with hands and arms
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 10 pounds
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Beautician (Required)
Hours per week:
- Less than 10