Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
This Full-time position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA; however please expect receiving calls from a 952-area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
This will be a 12-hour shift – Split shift.
- Assists the Manufacturing On-shift Supervisor with assessing production demands and adjusts production accordingly.
- Monitors production to ensure a safe, quality product is produced, deadlines are met and trucks are loaded properly.
- Loads and Unloads incoming material and outgoing finish product trucks, Operates dryers, YGS, packaging equipment, grinding equipment and bag labeling equipment.
- Assists with unloading and sampling of raw materials from trucks as needed. Record all information specific to the sample.
- Transports raw materials to holding bins to maintain an adequate supply for continuous production.
- Completes bills of lading, production forms and reports as required.
- If necessary, communicates with shipping department, office and laboratory to ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness of product delivery.
- Assists with equipment repair as needed.
- Assists with plant security of doors and gates.
- Conducts an inventory of raw materials and finished product and maintains inventory log of supplies and finished product.
- Sprays pesticides for insect control and fumigates bins and rail cars per IPM program.
- Other job related duties as assigned by management.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves; shoveling, pound with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a height of 36” and move them up to 50 feet (occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds).
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Must be able to operate machinery and to read and follow written instructions relating to formulas and machinery operation.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of plant and production operations.
- Must be able to: solve production and maintenance problems with limited direction; make decisions under occasionally stressful conditions; meet established deadlines; communicate effectively with employees, customers and suppliers (verbally).
- Be certified in 7C for handling pesticides and fumigants.
- Hand and power tools (saws, drills, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, etc.), packaging equipment, automatic bagger and palletizer, and forklift use.
- Utilize computerized Control System to monitor and control plant production and equipment (mixers, augers, mills, dryers, meters, scales, etc.).
- Perform the job in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must have good eye-hand coordination and visual acuity to operate equipment and read instruments.
- Ability to kneel, reach crawl, stand, walk, push, pull and grasp may be required
- Limited daily exposure to high noise levels, dust, dirt and damp conditions.
- Frequent exposure to acid and caustic and insect pesticides.
- Personal protective equipment is provided.
- Plant can run very smoothly for several days at a time when conditions are just right, then require a great deal of intervention all at one time.
- Forklift certified.
- Prior experience in production related work.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Basic computer skills and able to perform basic mathematical computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide, figure fractions and percentages.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location:US-IA-Cedar Rapids
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Foreman&c=Cargill&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=d3a541e9325bb2ba&rtk=1dkeb3780f34r800&from=rss→