DRIVER – SPINNING GLOBAL TRANSPORTATION – Cedar Rapids, IA
SPINNING GLOBAL TRANSPORTATION
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Driver needed.
SPINNING GLOBAL TRANSPORTATION is now hiring FULL and PART-TIME Drivers who can Transport clients/patients to medical appointments, dialysis, dental appointments, etc. SPINNING GLOBAL TRANSPORTATION is a Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) company. We are looking for professional, reliable, and flexible drivers to help provide door to door service for people that have disabilities. The Driver must be available to work some holidays and throughout all weather conditions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate an ADA approved mini-van and/or commercial passenger van safely and smoothly to transport passengers (Senior Adults, Children, and Adults with cognitive disabilities)
- Be able to follow a daily route by use of a GPS
- Provide information to passengers in a helpful, courteous, efficient manner; use proper etiquette to assist passengers with disabilities.
- Follow instructions from Dispatch and supervisory personnel and communicate any problems to dispatch
- Assure compliance with all applicable DOT laws and regulations.
- Assure cleanliness of vehicles.
- Follow instructions from Dispatch and supervisory personnel and communicate any problems to dispatch.
- Complete daily vehicle pre/post-trip inspections.
- Maintain good customer/employee/supervisor relations.
- Assist passengers with entering and exiting the vehicle
- Report for duty promptly in proper attire and physical condition and be ready to work any route assigned.
- Prepare and complete all required logs and reports including reports on traffic accidents and customer incidents.
- Utilize communication systems (cell phones & radios) in accordance with company policy.
- On fixed routes make stop announcements to passengers upon approaching prescribed destinations.
- Use correct safety procedures to operate a lift, secure wheelchairs, scooters, and other assistive devices.
- Immediately notify dispatch of cancellations, no shows, or for directions when having difficulty locating a client.
- At least 21 years old
- Valid driver’s license
- Driving Record
- Pass a drug screening
- Pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to speak and read English.
- Ability to understand simple instructions.
- Must be able to operate a basic GPS device.
- Must be able to read maps and follow directions.
- No MORE THAN ONE accidents or moving violations within the last 3 years
- No MORE THAN ONE suspended driver’s license in the last 3 years
- Must be able to assist with lifting and loading wheelchair-bound passengers if operating the modified transportation vehicles.
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 – $12.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Driver&c=SPINNING+GLOBAL+TRANSPORTATION&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=6ab40e2f7aba639e&rtk=1emn8dh0jo20p800&from=rss→