Cogeneration Utility – Cedar Rapids, IA – Archer Daniels Midland Company – Cedar Rapids, IA
Archer Daniels Midland Company
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by complying with all department and plant safety policies regarding the use of hard hats, hearing protection, safety glasses, gloves and other personal protective equipment.
- Works in teams by maintaining good communication and cooperation with other department operators and management in order to achieve efficient production processes in all areas.
- Ability to effectively and safely operate locomotive, bobcat and end loader.
- Considerable knowledge of material unloading, conveying and dust collection equipment.
- Skill in making equipment adjustments and repairs.
- Troubleshoots problems by investigating and inspecting all machine malfunctions and utilizes mechanical, chemical and other technical expertise to solve and eliminate problems.
- Performs Lock-Out/Tag-Out/Try-Out and Confined Space procedures on various valves and machine equipment, such as motors, conveyors, pumps, tanks, boilers, etc. Adheres to all safety and process requirements.
- Provides information to control room and field personnel for various operational assignments, or when routine operation of equipment is manually required.
- Records data and results on parameters charts, rounds checklist, log sheets and other related documentation, taking accurate notes on all figures, times, calculations and other system or operational information.
- Manually adjusts machines and valves such as butterfly, gate or ball valves in order to maintain process efficiency.
- Locates sources of trouble through multiple observation techniques such as sight, sound, taste, touch and smell. Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Starts machines and adjusts valves according to guidelines as outlined in the department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Completes CIP (Cleaning in Place) procedures on various equipment to ensure efficient functioning.
- Handles various chemicals in assorted containers in the manner outlined in the manufacturer’s chemical Material Safety Data Sheet.
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all GMP, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
- Observes field temperature gauges, pressure gauges and flow meters to regulate and maintain required parameters and/or to verify DCS readings.
- Resets or energizes electrical panels located in Motor Control Center Rooms in order to restart equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- Performs light maintenance on various department machinery such as filters, heat exchangers, valves, pumps and other equipment.
- Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment and/or acts. Additionally reports immediately any accidents, injuries and near misses to supervisor.
- Understands that accidents are preventable and that safety is everyone’s responsibility.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING PREFERRED
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous process or plant experience is a plus
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to work a rotating, 12-hour shift in a 24/7, 365 continuous operation
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs from waist to shoulder on a frequent basis
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs from floor to shoulder on an occasional basis
- Must be able to push/pull 25 lbs on an occasional basis
- Must be able to stand 5-8 hours
- Must be able to walk 5-8 hours
- Must be able to sit 8-12 hours
- Must be able to squat/kneel/crawl on an occasional basis
- Must be able to climb ladders on an occasional basis
- Must be able to grip/grasp/pinch on a frequent basis
- Must be able to work with vibrating equipment on a frequent basis
- Must be able to use power tools on an occasional basis
- Must be able to use a computer and perform keyboarding on a frequent basis
- Must be able to climb several flights of stairs on an occasional basis throughout the day
- Will be required to work in areas of extreme temperatures
- Will be exposed to coal, ash and lime dust
- Must be able to use a hardhat, earplugs, safety glasses, steel toe shoes and gloves when out in the plant
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Cogeneration+Utility&c=Archer+Daniels+Midland+Company&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=5993b8715ad988aa&rtk=1ejnvnh63o1lt800&from=rss→