Clinic Services Specialist – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of Radiology is seeking a Clinical Services Specialist to provide services related to access, scheduling, wayfinding and support to assure effective and efficient delivery of health care services striving toward an excellent patient experience. Positions in this job family are engaged in one or more activities related to scheduling patient appointments, serving as a patient advocate, handling patient access requests, handling service recovery incidents, ensuring appointments are scheduled appropriately, and using independent judgement to best ensure the patient has an excellent experience. Key areas of responsibility include providing patient access services to UI Health Care, communicate/collaborate with internal and external constituents, operations and performance standards, human resource management, and financial management.
- Provide frontline clinic operation support such as the coordination of patient appointment scheduling, the preparation of pre-registration paperwork for patient visits
- Prepare external Radiology referrals for scheduling
- Schedule and coordinate patient appointments within multiple areas of Radiology
- Coordinate appointments with clinics and specific providers
- Assist with problem solving of scheduling issues
- Identify trends by communicating to the manager to facilitate opportunities for process improvement and modifications to the EPIC Radiant scheduling workflows
- Work with Radiology staff, clinics and referring physicians concerning policies and regulations as related to Radiology pre-authorizations
- Explain the scheduling policies as needed through written and oral communications Assist in documenting scheduling guidelines in OneNote
- Provide reception coverages
- May assist in providing training for Radiology scheduling and reception staff
- Collaborate with peers and co-workers to enhance the delivery of care in Radiology.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of individuals performing this job.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa’s only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives. ®
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM with the flexibility to cover other shifts, as needed. Holidays scheduled on a rotating basis.
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of six months experience in scheduling or administrative work in a health care setting
- Knowledge of clinical scheduling and coordination of patient activities
- Experience working in Customer Service
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism while handling difficult situations with callers and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a cooperative team member
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex situations with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience with EPIC
- Proficient with computer software applications (Excel, MS Word, OneNote)
- Knowledge of University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics policies, procedures, and regulations.
To be considered, applicants must upload a resume and a cover letter (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Regular salaried position. Located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa? Click here
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Clinic+Service+Specialist&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=1fb53c1f06da7ffe&rtk=1ekhnlg2uo20q800&from=rss→