Ceres Heavy Equipment Operator – Ceres Environmental Operations – Cedar Rapids, IA
Ceres Environmental Operations
Excavator & Dozer Operator loads trucks with needed materials.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in adherence to safe practices, procedures, work site or traffic laws.
- Move levers and depress pedals to maneuver equipment.
- Function in a strenuous and dangerous work environment.
- Complete work projects on time and in an effective manner.
- Grease, oil, and perform minor repairs. Fuel and service equipment as required.
- Inform and advise management or repair technician for major repairs or maintenance.
- Perform daily inspections and maintenance evaluations/checks on all equipment before and after use.
- Maintain effective working relationship with co-workers.
- Understand and perform various daily and weekly assignments from oral or written communication.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Adhere to all company safety standards/policies and applicable OSHA regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 6+ months of seat excavator and dozer operating experience.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Use equipment and materials properly.
- Consistently at work and on time.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction.
- Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge.
- Prioritize and plan work activities.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Meet productivity standards; complete work in timely manner.
- Observe safety and security procedures; use equipment and materials properly.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
May vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than indicated here.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Ceres Environmental Inc is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
E-Verify: We comply with Federal law by verifying employment eligibility.