Area Manager – Cedar Rapids, IA – Kimco Facility Services – Cedar Rapids, IA
Kimco Facility Services
Do you bring out the best in your janitorial team? Do you successfully motivate and effectively manage your janitorial team? If yes, then we want to hear from you! We offer competitive salary, paid training, medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off (PTO), 401K, and a focus on internal advancement!
As the Area Manager, you’ll own client management, customer service, operations management, scheduling and recruitment, staff development, and budgeting for your region. You’ll make sure all tasks are completed to client satisfaction, all inspections completed on schedule, all matters communicated appropriately with employees/management/clients, and each client facility secured at the end of each shift. We deliver high quality janitorial services and provide direct communication to our clients.
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships with a positive customer service orientation.
- Serve as main point-of-contact for client liaisons, meeting regularly to confirm quality standards are met and service issues are promptly resolved.
- Provide leadership and support in a 365x24x7 work setting, being available for emergency and off-hour support.
- Promote strong safety culture and work environment. Train staff to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and follow safe movement practices.
- Plan and assign work schedules to ensure service delivery expectations are achieved.
- Ensure timely responses to client-reported emergency cleaning situations.
- Train staff on building and property security protocols at each assigned client location.
- Train staff on Kimco’s standard cleaning methods and any non-standard cleaning protocols contracted for specific clients.
- Train staff to ensure cleaning supplies/chemicals are appropriately utilized and properly stored, whether in a standard or green-cleaning environment. Maintain SDS sheet and OSHA requirements.
- Train staff on safe operation of all cleaning equipment (buffers, scrubbers, etc.).
- Train and manage Site Supervisors, Project Leads, and janitorial.
- Continuously monitor employee timekeeping entries, looking for adherence to assigned work schedules and company policy.
- Travel daily among assigned client facilities to check in with staff and inspect work.
- Look for opportunities to increase revenue by providing additional billable project work to new clients and/or existing base of clients.
- Arrange for staff substitutions or personally perform work where employee absences could impact timely completion of contracted work.
- Work with Recruiting to interview, hire, and onboard new employees.
- Partner proactively with Human Resources to address employee issues requiring progressive discipline/termination as well as staff development and advancement.
- At least 2 years (we’d love more!) of experience supervising a work crew is required.
- Experience with commercial cleaning industry is a big plus.
- Experience effectively managing teams: solid staff retention, counseling and developing team members, etc.
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) proficiency required.
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record is required to operate company vehicles to and from customer work sites.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to give effective presentations to small and large groups.
- Resourceful team player with a positive outlook and approachable demeanor.
Kimco Facilities Services is a minority-owned, nationwide provider of cleaning services to commercial, healthcare, education, retail, and industrial sectors. We’re all about our people — we couldn’t take care of our clients without YOU!
Join a growing team that’s leading the industry in sustainability, flexibility, and technology. You’ll join a team (there are over 4,000 team members!) doing great work and working flexible schedules. We can’t do this without YOU — click to apply!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Commission pay
- work crew supervision: 2 years (Required)
- multiple site: 2 years (Required)
- Please share your salary expectations.
- Multiple locations
- On the road
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Area+Manager&c=Kimco+Facility+Services&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=10dc2cee0bad3f6b&rtk=1ehnjqramppoh800&from=rss→