Youth Residential PSS Lead- 2nd shift – Area Substance Abuse Council – Cedar Rapids, IA
Area Substance Abuse Council
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: The Lead Patient Support Staff member provide consistent supervision for patients, implementing consistent program expectations, and aid the Supervisor or Director of the program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Aiding the supervisor in training of all PSS Staff.
- Ensure group programing is professional and supervised.
- Assist with on-call responsibilities, such as filling shifts.
- Supervise events such as meal time, school programming, free time, family recreation, essential day to day safety, phone calls, patient led childcare, etc.
- Documenting any incident reports, accident reports, CNP meal counts, TB documentation, daily logs, etc.
- Modeling appropriate interaction with staff members and patients. Lead by example by complying with the general expectations of the Employee Handbook, even while unsupervised.
- Acts as a staff back-up for staff illness, vacations, or at any other time when appropriate coverage is not available to handle the immediate need.
- Coordinates medication control procedure and schedule exams for patients. Monitors all drug screen procedures within the assigned program.
- Works cooperatively with clinical and patient support staff members to schedule patient recreation programs.
- Communicates all maintenance needs with Director of Facility Operations. Monitors patient bedrooms, lounges and laundry rooms for cleanliness, safety and compliance with licensure standards.
- Coordinates patient transportation program. Communicates all vehicles maintenance needs to Director of Facility Operations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Component Supervisor.
GENERAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
It is the responsibility of each employee to:
- Understand and uphold ASAC’s mission.
- Adhere to ASAC policies and procedures, and to all applicable city, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain strict confidentiality, in accordance with HIPAA and 42CFR
- Display a professional attitude towards and treat all other employees, referral sources, funders, volunteers, visitors, patients and their families with dignity and respect at all times.
- Demonstrates good communication with, including but not limited to: supervisor, colleagues, co-workers patient/family members, community members, management staff, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate good attendance and punctuality for all work related events.
- Demonstrate involvement as a team member, regardless of where primary duties lie, by positively contributing to the overall agency operations.
- Submit paperwork and meet job responsibility deadlines as assigned.
- Maintain all required license, certifications and related CEUs.
- Know and perform job duties in a safe manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisors and/or management staff.
- Minimum of a High school diploma; AA or Professional Certificate (such as Certified Treatment Assistant) is preferred
- Valid Iowa driver’s license
- At least one year experience in a residential environment required.
- Ability to work on a daily basis utilizing standard office equipment.
- Ability to use computer system, software and to work well technology.
- Ability to use independent judgment, analytical/decision-making skills, verbal and written communication skills, human relations skills, team working skills, and organizational skills.
- This position consists of frequent sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Youth+Residential+Pss+Lead&c=Area+Substance+Abuse+Council&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=7734245e5750208f&rtk=1enbrp2o0o1hc800&from=rss→