This position is responsible the development and coordination of youth activities, positive role-modeling for youth in areas of problem-solving and social skill development, working constructively with parents and other family members to foster youth engagement, and assisting with basic life-skills related training needs of clients and staff.
- Provides support to the Youth Development Specialist and Youth Development Program Coordinator (following program standards) in the safety and supervision of youth and encouragement of participants.
- Follows program direction and compliance standards while implementing program activities.
- Recognize and effectively respond to opportunities for problem-solving in the classroom
Implements and supervises positive developmental opportunities for students as directed
- Effectively implements age- and skill-appropriate opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success during out of school time programming.
- Carry out established roles in enforcing out of school time program safety regulations.
- Sets a good example for students and others, including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing cleanup, sportsmanship, and table manners.
- Encourages and demonstrates respect for personal property, equipment, and facilities.
- Supports effective communication with parents.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a High school diploma or GED
- Ability to drive agency vehicle
- Prior experience working with children in a mental health setting or classroom setting preferred
- Desire to help kids succeed
About Jane Boyd Program
For nearly a century, Jane Boyd Community House has been guiding kids and their families in the Cedar Rapids community. The Community House provides services for youth and adults including before and after-school programs, tutoring, recreation, family support and outreach services. Jane Boyd has long been a hub of cultural diversity in the community, programs have evolved over the generations to ensure children and families from all backgrounds have access to programs and services they need to be successful. Jane Boyd is a United Way partner and has been a Four Oaks affiliate since 2001.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.