Working Site Supervisor ($15/hr) – Merit Integrated Logistics – Cedar Rapids, IA
Merit Integrated Logistics
$15 – $18 an hour
Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Are you a team player? Do you enjoy working on a fun and fast paced work environment? Take a look on our social media and see our Merit Team in action and why they love to be part of this team. JOIN US!
Merit Logistics, LLC specializes in delivering supply chain management solutions to help retailers nationwide increase production, improve efficiency and achieve higher profitability.
Supervisor is responsible for daily tracking, assessing, training, discipline of site associates. As well as managing work assignments, while maintaining operational consistency through communication with the site manager and clients.
- Supervisor will oversee all daily warehouse operations
- Manages all associates and supervisors work projects
- Train associates on operations of forklift, lift and or other required equipment
- Investigates and reports all on-the-job accidents and injuries in a thorough and immediate manner
- Manages effectively to reduce overtime hours
- Act as a link between associates and senior supervisor
- Develops working relationships with all clients
- Successfully trains and motivates site associates
- Provides positive feedback and assessments to site associates
- Assist in conflict resolution
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or
- Communication – Ability to read, write and understand English. Spanish is a plus
- Time Management-Ability to coordinate work schedules in coordination of work flow to minimize labor
- Safety Awareness –Ability to respond quickly to all Be able to identify, correct and reduce safety risks.
- Proven leadership, customer service skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move fifty to seventy-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- One location
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Working+Site+Supervisor&c=Merit+Integrated+Logistics&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=9924fa3d3c1f490d&rtk=1f4sebv4uo166800&from=rss→