Reporting to the Maintenance manager, you will support the growth of the maintenance department. You will also assist the engineering department in facility capital and repair projects.
The VIE Maintenance Engineers will participate in the following general maintenance studies:
General reliability studies :
- Update of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS),
- Assistance in PMs improvements,
- Review and update needed SOPs in the department,
- Take part in spare parts reduction initiative project,
- Assist the mechanical and electrical supervisors and superintendent as needed,
- Support the engineering projects team as needed,
- Support the Lean initiative projects as needed,
Participate in troubleshooting plant issues, determine root cause, and generally improve the manufacturing systems.
Education & Experience: Graduated in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial engineering, ideally completed by a relevant internship in a food plant.
- Good Hands-on and technical knowledges, especially in mechanical engineering principle,
- Fluency in English is required,
- Excellent verbal and written communication,
- Engaged and resourceful: Ability to take initiative & be source of proposals,
- Versatility, team spirit, and ability to support,
- Adherence to the plant values: professional, dedication, respect, pride, responsible
VIE program – Eligibility conditions :
To learn more about the VIE program and eligibility conditions : https://www.civiweb.com/EN/le-volontariat-international/VI_CONDITIONS.aspx
The VIE will start with a group onboarding at Lesaffre headquarters in France, followed by a local onboarding in the assigned country.
VIE Benefits : The company covers the cost of a round-trip ticket (economy class) to VIE home country per each 12-month assignment.
As a Lesaffre VIE, you will be one of five VIE, located in Cedar Rapids Iowa, the second largest city in the state. The city boasts a beautiful downtown area 30 minutes away from the largest University in the state, with ample outdoor activities available, as well a large selection of social and sporting events.
* * *
All your information will remain confidential under the Equal Employment Opportunity Directives.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.