Van Driver – SPINNING GLOBAL – Cedar Rapids, IA
$11.00 – $11.30 an hour
Day Shift (Required)
Driver’s License (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
CPR & first aid Certification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Passenger Van Driver
Spinning Transportation, an established and growing non-emergency medical transportation service company is looking for warm, lighthearted, and caring individuals who also enjoy learning new things to join our team. Our Drivers are a critical part of our company, so it is vital that the people on our team are a good fit with our commitments and shared values. If you love making a difference in other folk’s lives and take joy in helping someone who needs, you then please apply.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Since 2015, we have provided compassionate, safe, and timely transportation to people in our community who need it most. Many times, we are assisting passengers with disabilities, special needs, the elderly, or even a child with no other way to get to school. Our clients love that we are safe, helpful, and friendly, even though they may be going through a difficult situation. We love that our work allows us to serve the community so much that some days, it does not feel like work.
- Pre-trip inspection of the vehicle at the beginning of your shift for safety
- Operate the vehicle within the limits of all laws and obey all traffic signs/signals.
- Arrive on time for all scheduled stops.
- Communicate with Dispatch regularly throughout your shift. Assure each passenger is properly secured with lap, shoulder belts, and tie-downs.
- Monitor passenger activity periodically while taking care not to become distracted.
- Maintain proper licenses and training as mandated by management.
- Alert Site Supervisor of any problems so we can help.
- Maintain flexibility as situations can and will change frequently.
- Must be 25 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver license.
- No driver license suspension or revocation for moving traffic violations within the last 3 years.
- No more than 2 moving traffic violations within the last 3 years.
- No felony convictions within the last 7 years
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with emphasis on timeliness and safety.
- Must successfully pass a DOT physical, drug test, and FBI criminal background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment strength and physical fitness assessment to assure safe performance of the Para-Lift Driver job
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
· $11 per hour to start.
· Monday through Friday – no nights, no weekends
· Paid Bi-weekly with direct deposit.
· Paid hands-on training.
· $50 bonus after completion of both training and a first full week of scheduled shifts and a potential to earn an additional $100 bonus after 90 days of employment.
· $150 referral bonus
Related keywords: driver, delivery driver, van driver
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 – $11.30 per hour
- Paid training
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Performance bonus
- Retention bonus
- Signing bonus
Trucking Driver Type:
- Company driver
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CPR & first aid Certification (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 75% (Preferred)
- On the road
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Van+Driver&c=SPINNING+GLOBAL&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=046fa05e206597ac&rtk=1eum5np8kqem2800&from=rss→