What You Will Do:
As our VA IFRS Valuation Actuary you will manage one or more actuarial functions for our valuation product line and Corporate process. You may evaluate new product ideas, and pricing and maintenance of existing products. In addition you may direct the design, pricing, and implementation of insurance products.
What You Will Learn:
You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Leads the preparation and interpretation of actuarial information for presentation to management.
- Monitors profitability by line of business and/or product and develops supporting reports and/or analyses.
- Maintains the product line or Corporate process to comply with various state and federal regulations.
- Manages studies that underlie actuarial assumptions and provides assumptions and data to others.
- May support creation of systems specifications, contracts, commission structures, and other actuarial aspects of product development.
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and competitive developments in the marketplace. Recommends appropriate reactions to these developments.
- Provides guidance and advice regarding pricing rates, modeling methodology, or reserving and related matters.
- Serves as a key resource for completion of one or more major recurring projects during the course of the year.
- Represents the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators.
- May supervise a team of employees.
What You Need:
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 7 years of relevant experience. In lieu of Bachelor’s, will accept Master’s in a listed discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 12 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Programming Skills Preferred
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Va+Ifrs+Valuation+Actuary&c=Aegon&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=2a193259f06451f8&rtk=1d98drn3if0b7800&from=rss→