University of Phoenix
The candidate who is hired for this part-time position will be required to supervise in Cedar Rapids, IA. This is not a virtual or online course. Only candidates that are able to supervise in these specific area/location should apply.
Since 1983, the College of Education has been offering career relevant programs to support America’s educators. Today, we remain committed to excellence and innovation as we continue to address the needs of schools and districts throughout the United States. As one of the first institutes of higher education to offer approved, educator preparation programs online, we serve the local needs of educators in rural, urban, and suburban communities from Florida to Hawai’i. Our curriculum is designed to transform students into dedicated professionals capable of creating lasting and positive change in their communities by advancing student learning. Faculty and alumni of the College have been distinguished as Teachers, Principals, and Administrators of the Year. Join us in our quest for excellence in preparing future educators.
The University of Phoenix is seeking candidates to supervise and evaluate student teacher candidates and administrative internship candidates in the field. The University Supervisor – Advanced Programs serves as a liaison between the education candidate, cooperating teacher/on-site mentor, and University personnel. University supervisors observe and evaluate local student teacher and administrative internship candidates for effective practices and dispositions toward positions in the education profession. University supervisor positions are temporary positions, based on need and availability in a geographical area.
- Supervising student teacher candidates and/or administrative interns on site in schools on an as-needed basis
- Conducting regular observations, interviews, and evaluations of candidates during placement and discussing observations with the candidates
- Maintaining written records of the assigned candidate’s progress
- Providing written evaluations related to the candidate’s performance and posting to designated University platforms
- Ability to travel to specified site locations
- Assigning midterm and final grades, in collaboration with the cooperating teacher or site mentor
- Providing candidate with resources to assist with continued development and growth
- Ensuring regular contact with candidate and cooperating teacher or site mentors
- Developing and implementing support plans, in conjunction with University personnel, as warranted
- Attending meetings with University personnel as schedule
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s or terminal degree in an educational field or related discipline with 18 graduate level credits focused in Education
- Current P-12 professional certification/licensure in supervision and/or administration
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience in P-12 environment, 3 years current applicable classroom, administrative, or pre-service educator preparation experience.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience observing and evaluating teachers and/or administrative interns
- Additional experience or academic preparation may be required, as identified by states or Local Education Agencies (LEA).
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.