The Transportation and Logistics Operations Assistant II position is responsible for insuring the satisfaction of internal and external customers by coordinating rail and truck activities for the site. This includes all Cargill rail served product lines and Co-Location customers. This position closely coordinates work activities for rail track maintenance and equipment work with the Maintenance & Reliability team, contractor(s) and Class I railroad(s). Will handle outbound truck appointment scheduling for customer direct shipments and stock transfers, as well as processing nonconformance information for rail and motor carriers. This role will maintain data relevant to managing inventory for rail yard performance metrics, work directly with production schedulers for planning and forecasting activities and ensure site needs for vessel loading are communicated to supply chain and ops teams for forecasting and planning.
80% Coordinate daily plant railroad related activities including: Cargill plant switching, rail car maintenance and repair items, outbound rail car shipping for the site and yard/lease track storage management to minimize costs. Handle scheduling appointments for outbound and inbound trucks as needed. Validate and communicate misc. freight and demurrage costs to CTL. This role must accurately communicate fleet status and empty/loaded car inventory levels and load plans to multiple sources. The role will actively collaborate to reduce the cost to serve around these activities.
10% Handle tracking and processing of plant railroad and motor carrier related issues that have customer impact. Insure costs related to these issues are captured as price of non-conformance (PONC). This can include – costs of plant shutdown or reduced rate, cost of additional switching and cost related to damage. Investigate and provide information for resolution of customer issues related to railroad and motor carrier activities, collaborating directly with CTL.
10% Provide coverage for your designated back up within the Supply Chain team. Participate in training and development, perform miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ year of business experience
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Able and willing to work overtime, as needed, may include occasional holidays or weekends, also after hours calls
- Associate’s, Technical Degree or higher
- Plant logistics or railroad experience
- Experience with continuous improvement.
- CMMP experience
- SAP experience
- Ability to work in a team environment and share necessary information among different functions and plants.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibility
- Strives to act upon and implement innovating ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Transportation/Logistics and Forwarding
Primary Location US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.