Murphy Tower Service
At Murphy Tower Service our mission is to be the leading provider of wireless construction and maintenance services in Iowa, while our certified climbers and other skilled employees provide quality, unbeatable service. We are family owned and operated. By putting our name on our business, our personal and professional reputations are on the line. We manage our employees and our projects with diligence and respect.
A TTT assists in building each tower job as defined by the client s scope of work and construction drawings under the direction of the Tower Crew Leader. This encompasses, but is not limited to, loading and unloading all job materials, maintaining all tools, trucks and equipment used by the tower crew, understanding the scope of work, working at heights and constructing the project per specifications in a timely manner.
- Review the scope of work and construction drawings with the Crew Leader.
- Assist in verifying that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
- Verify that all of the tools, equipment and stocked supplies on your trailer are available and in working order.
- Check the oil & fluids of each truck & inspect each your job trailer(s) and each piece of equipment in your charge before use.
- Inspect all PFAS (personal fall arrest systems) prior to climbing.
- Attend a daily tailgate meeting to address daily tasks and safety issues.
- Report any safety concerns to the Crew Leader and/or Safety Coordinator.
- Take direction from the Crew Leader to build the job following the scope of work/construction drawings.
- Report any deviations from the scope of work/construction drawings to the Crew Leader.
- Pick up trash on site daily.
- Take pictures of final work and provide all turnover documentation to Murphy Tower Project Manager.
- Clean out truck(s) & trailer(s) after each job and put materials and equipment away.
- Travel locally, statewide and out of state. Overnight travel is often required based on tower location and scope of work.
- Begin preparations for next job.
- Tower Crew Leader or Project Manager.
- Minimum 1 year telecommunications tower experience.
- Ability to climb up a 300 feet tower routinely, with gear, and safely complete tasks.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time, with typical overnight stays lasting Monday – Friday, sometimes longer (infrequently), and work/stay out of state.
- Ability to follow instructions/protocols/processes.
- Familiarity with proper truck/trailer/equipment maintenance.
- Strong organizational skills and construction related aptitude including ability to interpret construction drawings.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Comfortable working at heights
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions such as heat, cold and strong winds.
Dress Code (minimum)
- Long pants w/o major holes, presentable shirt w/4 sleeve minimum, work boots, hardhat, safety glasses & gloves.
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Short and Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Seven paid holidays
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Potential Performance Bonuses
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.