Technical Systems Lead – Brambles Group – Cedar Rapids, IA
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world’s most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
The Automation Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Plant Manager in managing total plant maintenance and delivering superior customer satisfaction by driving results and exceeding expectations in the key areas of safety, service, quality and cost. As a proactive team leader, the Automation Supervisor is responsible for managing plant maintenance programs and personnel under the direction of the Plant Manager. The Automation Supervisor may have compliance oversight over multiple locations. They will develop equipment assessments, installation, refurbishment and optimization projects including capex plans. Maintenance activities must ensure employee health and safety, product safety, and the protection of the environment are never compromised, and that all maintenance activities enhance product quality, plant performance and business priorities. The Automation Supervisor will adhere to all health and safety policies and directives and maintain a clean safe work area. This position partners with internal and external engineering services and local parts vendors to ensure automated equipment operates at the highest level of efficiencies and will advocate improvement projects as assigned.
- The site level Technicians will report directly to the Automation Supervisor.
- The Automation Supervisor is responsible for accurate and timely documentation of performance and processes as required by regional leadership. The Automation Supervisor will ensure the daily scheduling, execution and accurate documentation of work orders within the corporate Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Will accurately complete additional scheduling and repair material documentation and reporting as required. The Automation Supervisor identifies and drives equipment process optimization. Active participation in machine process and design improvement forums is required.
- Provide coaching and leadership at the site level coupled with formal and informal training on troubleshooting, use and repair of production and facility equipment.
- Participate in health and safety programs such as council or committee meetings, OSHA and corporate mandated training, certification and recertification.
- Responsible for recommending employment and disciplinary actions to include termination.
- The Automation Supervisor collaborates with plant management to ensure the most effective use of all resources to include machine up-time, production schedules, and maintenance personnel.
- Ability to perform hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all plant pneumatics, hydraulics, and electric systems including programmable logic control (PLC) systems and controls machine network devices (EthernetIP Network). The Automation Supervisor will coach the Technicians in the diagnosis and repair of mechanical and electrical failures in all plant manufacturing equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, conveyors, process pallet handling machines, dismantling, painting and stenciling systems.
- Ability to perform hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all process hand tools, such as pneumatic or electric, drills, saws, hammers, and grinders.
- Ability to perform minor unscheduled maintenance and repair on trucking equipment such as forklifts and yard shuttle trucks
- Ability to perform hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of facility maintenance including, dock doors, dock levelling and locking systems, painting, concrete and drywall repair and minor plumbing and furniture repair.
- And any other duties as assigned.
- Ability to motivate and lead people to achieve a common goal
- Proven experience in assessing and improving machine conditions
- Experience in project management with installation of new equipment
- Mechanically inclined – Knowledge of and demonstrable ability to use common mechanics tools
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Willing to travel 10% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete floors for up to 12 hours.
- Proficient in the use of an electrical Multimeter for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of systems controls machine network devices (EthernetIP Network).
- Proficient in reading and using mechanical and electrical schematics for troubleshooting, including Ladder Logic
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing pneumatic and hydraulic system components
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This position requires demonstrated experience in leading people engaged in maintaining and repairing manufacturing production equipment in a matrixed organization.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- At least 5 years experience in industrial maintenance machine operations
- At least 2 years experience supervising the maintenance of industrial machines
- Knowledge of HMI operation and troubleshooting.
- General facility maintenance functions including dock doors, office, forklifts, etc.
- Proven track record of production machine maintenance, repair and optimization success – (5+ Years)
- History of effectively leading people in a team environment
- Demonstrated success handling multiple high priority projects, in remote locations in addition to normal responsibilities
- Experienced with budget creation and tracking
Skills and Knowledge
This position requires knowledge in maintaining, repairing and optimizing plant production equipment. Specific areas of expertise include:
- Control panels and power cabinets
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- 3-phase 480-volt power systems
- Electrical Motors
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems and troubleshooting.
- Rockwell Automation Compact Logic (RSLogix 5000)
- Ethernet IP networks, EthernetIP on machine devices and VFDs.
- Yaskawa, Fanuc or Kuka robot experience
- Chain Drive Live Roller Conveyor systems
- Chain Conveyors
- Belt Conveyors
- Hydraulics pumps and circuits
- Air compressors
- Pneumatic circuits valves
- Ability to use MS office applications and navigate to internet sites.
- Understanding of and experience implementing OSHA and LOTO procedures and regulations.
- NFPA 70E electrical Safety.
- MTBF, MTTR and Root Cause Analysis
- Identify and improve maintenance effectiveness processes.
Required – English
Preferred EducationNo Degree Required
Preferred Level of Work Experience5 – 7 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at [email protected]
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Technical+System+Lead&c=Brambles+Group&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=1d641bcb8dc34ead&rtk=1enh0c14j3087000&from=rss→