Job Description Summary
Aegon Asset Management is a global investment firm with employees located in North America, Europe and Asia. Investment offerings for Aegon Asset Management US and Aegon Real Assets US include credit strategies, global equity, multi-asset and real asset strategies, and customized investment solutions. The firm serves a diverse global client base that includes corporate, union and public pensions, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, subadvisory, family offices and wealth managers. We are committed to excellence, trust and building long-term partnerships with clients.
Position Overview: Tax Manager – as part of the Financial Management team within the Real Estate Equity Investments group; provide vendor management and oversight for roughly 400 partnership tax returns, gain subject matter expertise on IRS guidance related to tax reform and Opportunity Zone funds, and provide leadership to more junior staff.
- Perform partnership tax research and assist the Asset Management platform in navigating complexities surrounding tax reform, Opportunity, Zones, and other ad hoc items related to a multifamily real estate portfolio. (20%)
- Assist in addressing investor requests and questions related to their fund investments (10%).
- Manage the tax return preparation process with our third-party vendors from January through August, and the interplay between individual commercial property returns and investor fund returns (40%).
- Review of property- and fund-level financial statements and tax returns (20%) to assist in Asset Management
- Educate junior staff on relevant partnership tax items (10%)
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience. Generally 8 years of professional experience in tax, accounting, or equivalent area
- CPA or similar professional designation.
- Knowledge or experience in Partnership Tax.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to manage projects and perform research through the use of internal and external information resources.
- Ability to work independently and on several assignments simultaneously and prioritize multiple assignments and be able to accept changing priorities.
- Experience in tax accounting, real estate, or LIHTC’s.
- General understanding of finance principles, IRS accounting guidance, IFRS or US GAAP accounting guidance, and invested assets.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and other job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally – and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package .
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: [email protected] if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (“AODA”). Please contact [email protected]merica.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email [email protected] .
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.