Involta is seeking a full-time Systems Administrator to add to its Technical Services team. The Systems Administrator works under general supervision to plan, design, sustain, and performance-tune Systems, Storage and Backup environments.
Additional responsibilities include trouble ticket escalation, implementing solutions per a design document, occasional design work, and documentation of design plans. Administrators own specific technology implementations and will escalate to more senior members of the team as needed.
After hour migration execution work is required.
This position can be located at any Involta facility.
- Installs, configures and maintains server hardware, operating systems and storage devices
- Troubleshoot system and storage performance issues
- Provide efficient and reliable system and storage allocation
- Defines backup, recovery and archival procedures
- Automation capabilities
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience are required
- College degree preferred
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem analysis experience
- Working knowledge of Hyper-V and SCVMM
- Working knowledge of VMWare ESXi and VCenter
- Strong knowledge of current windows operating systems (Server 2008 R2 – Server 2016)
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with P2V processes and tools
- Familiarity with disaster recovery concepts and technologies
- Powershell and other scripting knowledge is a plus
- Any familiarity with Zerto is a plus
- Occasional night and weekend work is required
- On-Call rotation
The security of company, customer and client business information is vital to the interests, reputation, and success of Involta Critical Infrastructure. Violating the trust relationship among the organization, its clients, its vendors, and employees can be damaging beyond repair. If you are contacted by any person or organization and asked to supply information, refer the request to your manager or the President.
To protect Involta, LLC legitimate interests, it is necessary that you maintain the security of information, which includes data and any other information not generally available to the public. All customer and client information is to be regarded as subject to information security guidelines that must be applied at all times. If you take action that compromises information security, you are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Involta, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.