Survey Technician – The Foth Companies – Cedar Rapids, IA
The Foth Companies
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Survey Technician who has a desire to contribute to our clients’ success and is looking for new learning experiences and opportunities for career growth. This position will be working out of our Cedar Rapids, IA location.
Overcrowding, safety, and aging infrastructure – these are all challenges faced by nearly every community today. As a member of the Foth Infrastructure engineering team, you will help clients meet these challenges while minimizing impacts to the community and the environment. From airports to utilities, roads, and bridges, you will be a part of providing effective solutions that are cost-conscious and practical.
- Conduct impactful technical civil engineering activities for municipal and transportation projects
- Utilizing digital level to set high accuracy elevations on project control and benchmarks
- Operating traditional land surveying tools (GPS/Total Stations) to complete topographic mapping surveys
- Calculating horizontal and vertical positions from engineering plans for contractors to utilize during construction season
- Providing field support for 3D scanning and sUAS(Drone) operations
- Completing property research for Land Surveying activities
- Utilizing 2D for platting activities
- Drafting of existing site conditions utilizing multiple software programs
- Associate Degree in Civil Technology or related field
- Proficiency in Microstation
- Experience using Trimble survey equipment
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Survey+Technician&c=The+Foth+Companies&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=3a063af8e6cf6ade&rtk=1e4c5pcuu1s4h000&from=rss→