- Supports product standardization, inventory efficiency, and supply chain effectiveness throughout SPD and supported areas.
- Takes responsibility for the daily flow of supplies and all procurement activities for the SPD and supported areas including consignment and special order items.
- Utilizes reports to support work efficiency: outdate reports, additions to inventory, deletions from inventory, inventory levels changes (if measureable), and expenses per the SPD Supervisor.
- Supports Unity Point supply initiatives
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the SPD staff, OR staff and supported areas to gain necessary preference and usage information
- Functions as liaison between staff, physicians, and vendors when new items are requested.
- Supports the Revenue Coordinator of Surgical Services and OR billing specialists to ensure all charges are captured accurately and timely
- Supports receiving clerks with problem receipts and insures satisfaction of all claims for shortages, returns, credits, damages, or defective products and other discrepancies.
- Conduct all necessary follow up to ensure orders are received in a timely manner; monitor backorders and consult with the SPD Supervisor, OR Supply Chain Coordinator, OR staff, Purchasing Coordinators, and Materials Management personnel to ensure substitutes are identified and received in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with SPD leadership, OR Management, staff, and Purchasing Coordinator in all areas to provide prompt and courteous customer service.
- Works closely with vendors and Purchasing Department to enforce compliance of vendor specific policies and procedures.
- Greet visitors and sales representatives, insure representatives are appropriately registered, and acting in accordance with hospital policy; assist in developing and maintaining good vendor relationships.
- Assist in review of vendor performance; make recommendations for corrective action.
- Maintain accurate and complete computer master files on items purchased and vendors.
- Issues routine purchase orders for hospital-approved supplies, ensuring purchase orders are completed accurately and appropriately.
- Analyzes records and makes recommendations for changes in PAR levels, addition of new products, expiration and obsolescence of products.
- Facilitates product returns when necessary.
- Maintains necessary catalog, brochures, literature and price lists.
- Supports and participates in periodic inventory audits to verify accuracy.
- Coordinates and leads regular inventory counts of OR and SPD as necessary and requested by Surgical Services Leadership.
- Controls and audits all transactions that impacts inventory.
- Attend SPD Daily Report/Huddles as necessary.
- Assists in precepting new associates and volunteers as requested.
- Controls repairs and tracking of instrumentation.
- Obtains quotes from vendors for instrumentation.
- Is aware of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare & Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Is aware of AMMI standards. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of department or hospital administrative staff.
- Other responsibilities and duties:
- Attends various meetings and groups as determined by the Business Director of Surgical Services and the Surgical Services Leadership Team.
Previous experience in inventory management preferred, medical/surgical training background such as Certified Surgical Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician, or Certified Instrument Specialist preferred.
Qualifications/Experience/Special Skills or Knowledge
Minimum of three years’ experience in supply management or procurement of surgery supplies is preferred. Must possess knowledge of medical supplies, instruments and sterile process procedures as it relates to the care, handling and storage of sterile supplies. Knowledge of inventory management, perpetual inventory, and case cart systems is essential. Critical thinking and the ability to work with/support specialty teams are essential. Must be able to make decisions based on departmental goals and hospital policies and procedures. Must be able to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional, educational, and cultural backgrounds including hospital staff, physicians, and suppliers / vendors. Proficiency in computer systems is required (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, inventory management systems).
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.