Grand Canyon University
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a Student Teacher Supervisor for the College of Education. Whether students are looking to start or advance their career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas including early childhood education, elementary education, and secondary education degrees, TESOL and special education .
- Ability to travel to a site location in Cedar Rapids IA
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with the cooperating school and/or district. Maintain effective communication with the Cooperating Teacher and Office of Field Experience.
- Act as a resource person to the Teacher Candidate by providing additional sources of information and by being available through phone or mandatory weekly email personal contact, and cooperatively deriving workable solutions if difficulties arise.
- Provide information on the development and implementation of future professional plans.
- Encourage responsibility and creativity in the student teaching experience.
- Keep adequate records on the Teacher Candidate.
- Provide knowledge about evaluation procedures.
- Create and maintain a professional, friendly relationship with the Teacher Candidate and the Cooperating Teacher.
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Leadership, Special Education or related field or Master’s Degree in Education
- Current and Valid State Teacher Certification
- Minimum 3 years teaching special education students grades K-12
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can’t find a position that’s right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.