- Provide support to ABS, CMBS and RMBS modeling and surveillance activities.
- Articulate an investment thesis after analyzing multiple factors affecting the performance of a security.
- Analyze complex transactions with multiple variables, understanding legal documents which govern each transaction, and updating cash flow models to forecast performance of an ABS, RMBS or CMBS security.
- Assist in providing ongoing monitoring and surveillance to the structured portfolio. This includes monthly review and analysis of servicer reports and other published information on security performance, detailed credit analysis of the financial condition of sellers, servicers and collateral, trend analysis with respect to performance variables, and overall research of industry issues within certain assigned sectors.
- Be responsive to client requests about structured portfolio holdings including performance trends, stress test results, internal ratings, analytics, projected required capital, and cash flow timing.
- Provide overall assessment of performance by synthesizing relevant macro data and fundamental research of the issuer and sector.
- Assist the Structured Trading Team with the monthly pricing of the portfolio and quarterly performance.
- Assist efforts to improve portfolio analytical capabilities using industry-standard software as well as potential development of proprietary modeling and analytical tools.
- Recommend trade ideas through on-going surveillance and review of secondary/new issue activities.
- Process deal recommendations consistent with market timelines.
Research position focused within public securitized for BA with up to three years of industry experience or MBA with limited experience. Individuals in this position are expected to develop along the Public Securitized Specialist track
- Direct modeling skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Graduate degree
- Candidate has or must be willing to pursue the CFA
- Direct or related structured finance experience preferred but not required
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and other job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.