Kirkwood Community College
To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under limited supervision, works with advance office software and maintain records. Assists in planning, direction and coordination of activities involved in purchasing materials, products, and services. Ensures smooth running of the office in the manager’s absence. This position serves as a trainer. Trainers are responsible for supervising the learning experience of students in all areas of The Hotel at Kirkwood center.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Receives, stores, issues items from vendors and into storage areas.
- Maintains an orderly and clean work area.
- Participates in inventory process and controls.
- Maintain departmental records including those of goods ordered and received.
- Regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Possess ability to access, input and retrieve information from the computer, operate standard office machines and type at an acceptable level.
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
- Standing or sitting up to 2/3 of the time.
- Walking up to 2/3 of the time.
- This positon requires lifting up to 50 pounds up to 2/3 of the time.
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with a post high school degree.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or genetic information. Veteran status will also be respected and protected to the extent covered by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.