Storekeeper I (1st shift) – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of Material Services is seeking a Storekeeper I to fold, weigh, fill, and deliver clean linen under direct supervision. Collect soiled linen. Issue uniforms. Operate and maneuver carts transporting linen on collection or delivery routes. Must be able to move 40 – 50 lbs. repeatedly during shift. Ability to stack 40-50 lbs. bags into truck.
Duties to include:
- Operates and maneuvers manual and motorized carts transporting linen on collection or delivery routes.
- Ensure accurate data is recorded for workflow management and productivity reports.
- Attentive to medical staff and patient movements when in units, careful not to block halls or access to patient rooms or nurses’/work stations.
- Issues uniforms for hospital personnel.
- Work as part of a team to collect and deliver linens and uniforms.
- Provide excellent customer service in linen delivery and collection.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout the hospital as assigned.
- Ability to use electronic inventory tracking system
The Material Services Division at University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics provides a comprehensive selection of patient care supplies.
Our goals are to:
- Provide reusable and disposable products that are safe for use from an operational and epidemiological basis
- Provide quality products at minimal expense and maximum process efficiencies
- Encourage centralization of material management functions and accessibility that exceed expectations of staff and patients
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6:30am to 3:00pm and will include occational weekends as needed
Percent of time: 100%
Location: Rotation between Main Hospital and Logistics Management Center in Coralville, IA
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
- Possession of appropriate drivers license as required.
Please include a resume (under submission relevant materials) as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and driver’s license verification.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Storekeeper&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=62a174d3b089386c&rtk=1etprhr13305k000&from=rss→