United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.Become part of the growing Government Systems Communication Products Organization! As a Sr Systems Engineer, you will design and develop military software-defined radio products covering all spectrum bands. You will play an integral role in developing the next generation of both networking and non-networking software defined radio waveforms for existing and new communication platforms. You will interface with customers, engineering management, program management, multi-discipline engineering teams, and production teams to create solutions addressing both domestic and international customer needs.
We are seeking individuals for customer-facing product teams with the technical skills and personal leadership attributes to enhance our radio products. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of the product lifecycle for our communication products, utilizing systems engineering processes. Key responsibilities include: top level radio operation and troubleshooting; integration and verification of new embedded software and hardware; communicating to customers and multiple different levels within the organization; requirements capture, analysis, and validation; leading and supporting technical collaboration among engineering design teams; resolving technical problems across functional domain areas.
Candidates must have the following skills or qualifications:
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Experience using engineering lab equipment: oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers and signal generators is required
- Analog, digital, and RF troubleshooting skills are required
- Experience with embedded software designs, linux environments, and scripting languages
- Experience with design or integration of radio systems (HF through L-band Frequencies)
- Experience capturing and maintaining requirements
- Experience with maintainability and reliability analysis
- Experience generating qualification test plans and procedures and executing said plans and procedures
- Experience in creation and execution of engineering test cases and procedures is a plus
- Experience in conducting RF design trade studies is a plus
- Experience in providing support to manufacturing is preferred
- Experience with earned value and cost account management
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.