Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 16420
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Staff Systems Engineer – Air Transport Displays to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
The Collins Aerospace Air Transport Displays organization is looking for a talented systems engineer to help us create displays solutions that are high quality, reliable and safe. You will be responsible for working with other engineers to develop test engineering solutions for Large Display Systems used on the 777x and 737 aircrafts, along with other touchscreen displays (i.e. AFD-3200) and switches (i.e. NGX).
- Design and deliver test solutions to support all phases of the system development cycle, specifically integrating with hardware and other software components.
- Work with other systems, software and hardware engineers to develop, design, implement, and deploy test stations.
- Oversee the build, assembly and checkout of test stations.
- Collaborate and interact in a multi-functional, multi-discipline development team (engineers, techs, lab assistants, engineering specialist, procurement)
- Estimate, track, own and report project technical, cost and schedule aspects for assigned scope of work.
- Act as a mentor to other team members in additional areas including project execution
- Help solve complex systems and software problems.
- Responsibilities also include technical coordination with both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Candidates must have experience developing hardware, software or test stations for high-assurance, embedded systems, or at least 5 years of systems engineering experience with such systems
- Ability to quickly acquire technical domain knowledge and contribute to the design of sophisticated architectural systems
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- The candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter, capable of prioritizing multiple tasks.
- The candidate must be willing to work with a wide variety of people and diverse teams.
- This position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 7:30 am to 4:30 pm workday, or beyond a 40 hour work week.
Preferred, but not required, experience/skills with any of the following:
- Experience with CORE simulation architecture or other simulation software
- Experience developing and verifying DO-178B/C
- Experience with real-time embedded software development and aircraft systems is highly desirable.
- Experience with ARINC standards such as ARINC 429, 661, 664, 718.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.