Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 16263
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Staff Engineer, Systems Engineering, Avionics Tools to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
The Collins Aerospace Avionics Tools organization is seeking a Staff Engineer, Systems Engineering with a passion for problem solving and satisfying customers through the delivery of improvements to tools used for bidding through development/test of Avionics systems that provide compelling gains to the consistency, efficiency, and productivity of product development efforts across the enterprise. This position is performed with minimal supervision and requires a candidate with a strong customer focus, highly-effective communication skills, a proven ability to assess and analyze tool changes, and the ability to prioritize and advance multiple objectives.
- Ability to apply problem solving techniques (e.g., Deming Shewart Cycle)
- Design and development of business unit engineering processes
- Implementing software tools to enable better delivery, consumption, and sustainment of engineering processes
- Helping establish a means of process effectiveness measurement
- Streamlining and optimizing legacy processes for best business unit alignment
- Effectively interact and build trust with team members from many different backgrounds, including engineering management, engineering teams, program management, and operations
The successful candidate will also have many of the following skills/experience:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented person with the ability to deliver per an agreed-to schedule while having the ability to adjust to and help problem solve when schedules/situations change
- Knowledge or experience in system requirements capture, design, and decomposition
- Ability to adapt to change
- Accomplish tasks on schedule
- Experience with Agile teams
- Collaborate with teammates to make the best decisions
- Enjoy learning new technologies
- Be self-motivated to contribute in a work environment positively
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to work independently or within a team
- Positive attitude and eager to learn and improve
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline is required.
- Experience with both Eclipse Rich Client Platform and Eclipse Modeling Framework are required.
- Experience with Java, C++ and Python are all required.
Knowledge or experience within one or more of the following functional areas would be a plus:
- OMS – Onboard Maintenance System
- EICAS – Engine Indication Crew Alerting System
Knowledge or experience using the following tools would be a plus:
Experience using the following would be a plus:
- DO178B tool qualification
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.