Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 16413
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Staff Engineer, Certification – Air Transport Systems to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
The Collins Aerospace Air Transport Systems engineering department is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to support cross-domain certification for Commercial Avionics Displays Products. Join our team of engineers designing state-of-the-art, industry-leading flight displays for commercial jet airplanes.
As a Certification Focal in our organization, you will be responsible for the coordination of program level certification activities, overseeing the development of program plans to support certification objectives, coordination of SOI reviews, readiness reviews, and directly supporting FAA DERs/ARs.
- Coordination of program level certification activities,
- Primary interface with external customers and FAA DERs/ARs in support of system certification activities.
- Primary certification interface to engineering, technical and program management.
- Technical coordination with many diverse teams, including, but not limited to, customers (internal and external), system developers, hardware developers, software developers and integrators, partner suppliers, safety engineers, and program/product managers.
- Demonstrating good judgement by quickly assessing the cost, benefits and risks of decisions, and apply critical thinking and sound logic to make well-informed decisions.
- Estimating, tracking and reporting on technical scope, cost and schedule for system certification activities.
- Proactively identifying and managing risk associated with the certification aspects of displays programs.
- Mentoring other team members, and helping them develop in areas such as: certification, systems engineering, software engineering and process compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Experience and proficiency in all phases of system, software or hardware engineering development lifecycles.
- Experience with the application of the certification objectives defined in DO-178B, DO-160, DO-254 and/or ARP-4754A for avionics systems.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- The candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter, capable of prioritizing multiple tasks.
- The candidate must be willing to work with a wide variety of people and diverse teams.
- This position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 7:30 am to 4:30 pm workday, or beyond a 40 hour work week.
Preferred, but not required, experience/skills with the following:
- Familiarity with the application of the certification objectives defined in DO-178B, DO-160, DO-254 and/or ARP-4754A for Air Transport category airplanes.
- Experience with the Seattle ACO and ARs and E-UMs from major OEMs is highly desired.
- Experience developing avionics systems using Model-Based Development (MBD).
- Experience with ARINC standards ARINC 429, ARINC 664 and ARINC 661.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.