Businesses Collins Aerospace
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The Supplier Relationship Managers (SRM) support category strategies with key strategic suppliers through developing, monitoring and executing continuous performance improvement initiatives. This position identifies and prioritizes opportunities for joint supply chain process/performance improvement, innovation and new capabilities to enhance total value. The SRM also benchmarks and shares industry leading best practices across key suppliers and category stakeholders. The SRM rigorously manages the performance standards and metrics to continue to drive value and improvement from suppliers and elevates any concerns to category stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing and managing the supplier relationship with to ensure that Rockwell Collins is obtaining the financial and service performance benefits.
- Participates in continuous improvement in the supply base by communicating objective performance metrics such as lead time reduction, on-time delivery improvement, quality improvement, and total cost of ownership.
- Coordinates with internal and external resources to enhance supplier performance in the areas of technical, cost, product delivery, business and quality. Meets with suppliers and programs to develop continuous improvement plans through either Quarterly Business Reviews and/or supplier visits. (some travel required).
- Conducts oversight and management of strategies, performance and development of suppliers.
- Evaluates and monitors supplier overall performance. Where necessary, recommends, initiates and ensures action plans are carried out to correct failures in performance.
- Has a strong understanding of conducting root-cause analysis and developing and deploying corrective and preventive action plans.
- Provides technical and business guidance to integrate strategic supply chain activities. Leads stakeholder relationships and performance throughout all contract phases.
- Identifies risks, issues, and opportunity plans while establishing and maintaining priorities for delivery of products, services and data. Communicates across functions to report risks, issues and performance to plan to executive leadership
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline, or, in the absence of a bachelor’s degree, six years of related experience.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
Past experience inIT Solutions and Operationspreferred
Firm knowledge of standard competitive bidding/Sourcing practices required
Ariba Sourcing knowledge preferred
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.