Job ID: 01331143
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This position supervises entry and intermediate professional level employees or team leaders of production employees and sets day-to-day goals. Manages cell productivity and guides scheduling, sequencing of work, and production innovation to optimize production.
- Ensures all quality related items for multiple cells or a complex cell are complete and documented to meet established quality standards.
- Guides cost reduction and process improvement in multiple cells or a complex cell to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
- Plans and executes scheduling for multiple cells or a complex cell to meet production schedules.
- Guides the sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for multiple cells or a complex cell to optimize productivity.
- Supervises activities for materials and logistics problem resolution for multiple cells or a complex cell to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
- Manages cell performance and productivity for multiple cells or a complex cell to maximize productivity.
- Guides production innovation, including additive manufacturing, for multiple cells or a complex cell to enhance production capabilities.
- Interfaces with customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive satisfactory standards of service.
- Responsible for all or a major portion of processing operations in a plant.
- Oversees production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel.
- Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function.
- Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple Manufacturing disciplines.
- Includes activities that cannot be attributed to a defined Operations discipline.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Supervisor&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=447050df0c6bb507&rtk=1df6vddp5f2gr801&from=rss→