United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a Senior Subcontract Program Manager to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. This is your opportunity to become part of an organization that supports exciting military airborne programs. In this position you will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated cross functional team managing some of Collins Aerospace’s most innovative domestic and international suppliers. The function of this position is to direct and manage the activities between Collins Aerospace and subcontractors/suppliers during the life cycle of a product/program/new initiative or co-production of products while ensuring compliance with company/government policies and procedures. The primary focus of this position is to obtain optimum product/services in terms of costs, quality and delivery, consistent with an approved business/subcontracting plan and company/government policies and procedures.
- Provide subcontract management support for domestic and international programs for Fighter/Trainer Solutions business
- Support program specific subcontracting efforts to establish the overall subcontracting plan for subcontract product development and services
- Work with a cross functional team in the identification and qualification of suppliers
- Lead the development of statements of work
- Prepare requests for quotation/proposal and review supplier proposals for compliance to requirements
- Support bid and proposal activities
- Conduct or support supplier negotiations which result in favorable outcomes
- Develop solutions to problems which require ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Serve as a contact for supply chain strategies and subcontract capabilities, goals, and objectives
- Manage subcontract performance for conformance to contract scope of work, schedule and cost
- Brief subcontract leadership and program team on subcontractor performance and program status, support decision point reviews
- Make supplier visits as required to conduct program reviews and audits to insure subcontractor is managing the program to meet program requirements and schedules
- Work with Subcontract Administrators and Buyers assigned to support the program efforts
- Develop bid and case files for USG (FAR Part 12 and Part 15) and non-USG spend transactions in accordance with company procedures, and US Federal Acquisition Regulations, coordinating closely with the procurement compliance organization
This position requires demonstrated program management, leadership and organizational skills with a proven track record of meeting objectives and satisfying customer requirements.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience.
US Citizenship required. Candidate must be able to obtain a US DoD security clearance. Candidate must have the following experience:
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Negotiation experience
- Proficient with all MS Office products
- Experience with SAP and Ariba
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Subcontract+Program+Manager&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=407f70a0a49ee282&rtk=1df6vddp5f2gr801&from=rss→