Businesses Collins Aerospace
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Sourcing Manager/Specialist position is responsible to executes strategic sourcing processes that is consistent with the category strategy. The position is a sourcing process expert and will also assist on setting the category strategy on global sourcing of Direct or Indirect materials and/or services. This position is responsible for efficiently and accurately executing sourcing events, agreements and amendments, developing RFI/RFPs, and proactively identifying and addressing potential opportunities. The position is also required to achieve on-going reductions in total cost of ownership through fact based analysis.
- Full understanding and application of sourcing principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full understanding of multiple categories
- Leads the completion of sourcing events by developing data into information and producing deliverable sourcing documents (e.g., supplier short list, RFI/RFP, award scenarios, supplier capability assessment, etc.). Responsible for the detailed bid process to identify, assess, and select suppliers in a fair and efficient manner.
- Has complete understanding of contract language and is able to apply it to category sourcing strategies to drive performance and meet business needs. Identifies the right negotiation team with representation from key functional teams (eg contracts team, operations, finance, legal etc). Establishes negotiation options by identifying key leverage points and developing the negotiation strategy.
- Develops solutions to roadblocks and implements solutions to a variety of complex problems. Responsible to secure and finalize agreements to the necessary commercial outcome to meet category strategy. Ensure that the post-negotiation contract process and documentation is complete and that the contract is approved by individuals with the correct authority level
- Solid understanding and application of policies, procedures and government regulations. Has the ability to train others.
- Is critical to the execution of the goals, cost savings targets, and supplier performance for the enterprise
- Builds network of internal relationships within Enterprise Sourcing. Extensive internal cross-functional interaction and external communications with suppliers.
- Insures that stakeholder concerns, objectives and goals are considered and addressed by the team.
- Normally receives minimal instruction on new assignments. Participates in determining objectives of assignment.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting sourcing objectives and goals.
- Demonstrates good judgment in executing sourcing strategies and techniques required to obtain optimal solutions. Addresses sourcing issues where analysis of situations & data requires an evaluation of variable internal and external factors.
- Plans schedules and arranges own activities in support of the Sourcing Master Schedule and Annual Operating Plan.
- Provides category insight to the organization and suppliers.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline, or, in the absence of a degree, six years of related experience.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
Candidate must have procurement experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.