United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
This position is for a staff Engineering Services and Support technician who is under moderate supervision. Performs moderately complex technical tasks which contribute to the planning and execution of engineering projects. Confers with engineers on details and implications of test procedures and results. Assists in orienting, training, and assigning work of technical/business support employees.
- Identifies actual or potential problems in test plans or company products; and assists product development engineers in the diagnosis and replication of product failures.
- Maintains documentation of test operations and reports results to engineering.
- Identifies and documents exact sequence of activities that produce malfunctions; writes, modifies, debugs and verifies source code as required; characterizes defects (provides descriptions for passing and failing tests for product evaluation reports).
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Often acts as a facilitator, team leader, mentor and trainer.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing outside organizations, and/or individuals of significant importance within the company. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications, require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objective of communication.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures. Errors are significantly difficult to detect and would normally require significant expenditures to resolve.
- Extensive knowledge in specialized functions. A wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Performs audits and tests of software products in accordance with software test plans and procedures.
- Responsible for documentation and software release process.
WP branch creation- Builds Host and Target
- General gatekeeping responsibilities
- Database creation
- Database export compliance surveys
- Database portal forms
- Red Label/Black Label releases to systems/SCL
- CPCI releases
- Footprint testing
- Set up instrumented builds
- Application loading
- Subversion tagging
- Data collection
- WP checkouts – build and run tests on simple existing designs
Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate’s degree three years of related experience required.
Strong written and verbal communication required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.