United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
- Interprets engineering SW designs and utilizes appropriate test software, tools and diagnostic utilities to test software for sequence and functionality.
- Identifies actual or potential problems in test plans or company products; and assists product development engineers in the diagnosis and replication of product failures.
- Maintains documentation of test operations and reports results to engineering.
- Identifies and documents exact sequence of activities that produce malfunctions; writes, modifies, debugs and verifies source code as required; characterizes defects (provides descriptions for passing and failing tests for product evaluation reports).
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Often acts as a facilitator, team leader, mentor and trainer.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing outside organizations, and/or individuals of significant importance within the company. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications, require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objective of communication.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures. Errors are significantly difficult to detect and would normally require significant expenditures to resolve.
- Extensive knowledge in specialized functions. A wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Performs audits and tests of software products in accordance with software test plans and procedures.
- Responsible for documentation and software release process.
- Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate’s degree three years of related experience
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Software+Technician&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=e424ad3745464e79&rtk=1dgqfce19b7vc800&from=rss→