Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 16402
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace Test & Training Instrumentation (T&TI) Engineering is responsible for all product line and design engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of military test and training system of systems. Our Test & Training Instrumentation Life Cycle Systems Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Senior Engineering Manager to provide leadership for system of system requirements, design, verification, and sustainment within Collins Aerospace Mission Systems. This position focuses on managing a group of system engineers responsible for performing these activities. This team is responsible for providing end to end solutions for 4th and 5th generation fighter test and training solutions, introduction of Live Virtual Constructive (LVC), and developing the next generation of instrumentation.
This T&TI Life Cycle Systems Engineering team will work directly with end users and OEMs in each a prime/tier 1 and a supplier role. Strong leadership, organizational, and project management/earned value management skills are required. A strong candidate will have a deep understanding of systems engineering.
The successful candidate must also be able to apply their technical expertise to train and coach their team members to achieve program goals. Focus for the candidate will be on technical expertise, employee development (coaching, mentoring and career development), process compliance, and resource management. The position demands an ability and willingness to spend time on day-to-day performance management, employee development, talent acquisition/retention, and strategic support of the business.
In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have first-hand practical experience and be able to perform or provide guidance to engineering team members in the following areas:
- Technical direction – candidate must be able to direct the utilization of advanced principles, theories, and concepts for products and system integration & test; candidate must maintain awareness of state-of-the-art technology and the company’s competitive position.
- Program technical and execution planning – candidate must be able to guide team members on the creation of system engineering plans, execution baselines, program execution and staffing plans, and technical risk assessments in support of customer expectations and business objectives.
- Project management – candidate must be able to remain cognizant of, as well as guide team members on, the management of scope, schedule and budget for system engineering activities; candidate must be well versed in using Earned Value Management System (EVMS) performance measurement; candidate must be able to assign and coordinate staffing.
- Process management – candidate must be able to guide team members on the utilization of internal engineering processes and provide assurance that the system engineering activities are consistent with requirements for product security, safety, testability, reliability, maintainability, performance, qualification and certification.
- Bid and proposal – candidate must be able to lead, review, and provide guidance to team members on bid and proposal activities for pursuits.
- Production transition and support – candidate must be able to lead and provide guidance to team members on the creation of producible designs and the transition of designs from development to production phase.
- Personnel administration – candidate must be able to perform hiring, performance assessment and personnel issue management for a team of technical staff members.
- Candidate will lead the engineering team using strong interaction, interpersonal, mentoring and negotiating skills, and will be responsible for managing project risks/issues and elevating to upper management when appropriate. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for adhering to, and supporting Collins Aerospace process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- US Citizenship
- Practical experience in all aspects/phases of product and system integration & test
- Previous experience as a Project Engineer and/or Cost Account Manager
A successful candidate may possess the following:
- Previous experience with bid and proposal efforts, Decision Point process, and SEER tools is a benefit.
- Background and / or knowledge of range test and training systems.
- Possess strong leadership skills as demonstrated with interpersonal interaction, individual mentoring to develop the team composition, and training.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, while balancing priorities and schedules are important attributes.
- Self-starter and have strong analytical skills.
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements. Preferred applicants will currently hold a SECRET (or above) security clearance, or have held one within the past two years.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.