United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace Avionics Test Engineering has an opening for an Engineering Manager (M4). This leader will be responsible for the development and delivery of test equipment solutions for the Avionics Display and Panels product lines.
The candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance, hiring and support in the training of new engineers in the area of test engineering projects. The candidate will perform staff management including individual performance monitoring, coaching and mentoring, career development, salary planning, reward and recognition, and performance management as needed. The candidate will also be responsible for identifying the necessary staff, facilities and equipment needed for successful execution of projects within the team. A successful candidate must have strong leadership and organizational skills as well as project management experience. They must bring excitement and passion to this role and expect the same of the team. Prior engineering project leadership is required, and an MBA is desirable. The candidate will also be responsible for adherence to capital and operating budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements, along with the planning and budgeting for the acquisition of test equipment. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring their team performs on-time delivery of test equipment to correct locations per the agreed upon schedules.
Avionics Test Engineering provides test equipment solutions and services across several business units, which will require that this candidate have good communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to work with other engineering departments, operations and service organizations. The test equipment solutions are used in production, service and external customer service depot environments throughout the world. The test solutions can include circuit card level functional test, boundary scan, module test, optical and top-level assembly final acceptance test and environmental stress screens.
The team is made up of approximately 15 contributors from multiple engineering disciplines that include software, embedded software, mechanical, systems and electrical hardware engineers. The number of active projects that this team supports is significant with execution expenses up to ~$3M each. Assessment of test strategy, test architecture and the team’s execution capabilities will be required to support bid package development for each program.
Successful candidates must have a strong customer focus and a willingness to work with our three primary customer areas, Product Development Engineering, Program Management and our end-user community Operations and Service. Other responsibilities and job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to lead a cross functional team in the development of test engineering solutions.
- Experience in overall successful project execution and oversight to ensure development teams have properly planned, set up project schedules, identified, hired and trained staff for project execution, and provide overall oversight that the team executes to the established schedule and cost objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface with Engineering Managers, Technical Project Managers, Program Managers and Operations Managers across all business areas within Collins Aerospace.
- Ensures compliance to development processes and standard work requirements.
- Actively addresses employee performance and development issues
- Responsible for the development and technical coaching/mentoring of staff.
- Responsible for on-boarding and assimilation of new hires.
- Experience in supporting pursuit activities, including bids and proposals.
- Experience identifying and tracking work packages that can be worked by subcontract companies.
- Assigns technical resources to work assignments (workforce allocation).
- Oversees and participates in development of engineering bids to ensure success
- Experience in performance review and development planning preparation and delivery.
- Salary planning experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.