Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 16520
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We are currently searching for a Senior Lab Assistant to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Can work from immature documentation, often depended on to refine and maintain drawings.
- Considerable knowledge of assembly involved in production processes.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes solution recommendations.
- Determines methods & procedures on new assignments.
- Acts as informal leader/mentor.
- Natural liaison in the handoff of product to production. They can support all facets of this operation including training, quality issues, written instructions, and proper processes.
- Basic & extended soldering, assembly.
- Exceptional working knowledge of quality workmanship standards.
- Solid ability to use various equipment to increase knowledge and skills, Including ICR, BGA machine, hot air removal and assembly of parts.
- Ability to coordinate workflow with the team and customer
A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Soldering experience required.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office is preferred.
Previous production experience preferred.
Ability to work flexible hours to meet customer deadlines is preferred.
Lead Free soldering knowledge preferred.
Ability to read schematics and engineering drawing.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.