Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15646
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Inventory Planning Specialist – Service & Support to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Forecasts/plans obsolete service parts inventory for aftermarket support including external sales and internal repair activity. Analyzes and determines entire product life-cycle obsolete service parts inventory requirements based on fielded population, historical repair rates and known maintenance event based demand drivers, like Service Bulletins, market intel, etc. This position interfaces directly with all levels of the organization.
Plans and/or controls inventory of Service for warehouses, distribution centers and repair locations to meet sales, distribution, and/or rental exchange demand. Analyzes inventory levels, inventory positioning, and planned production and purchasing demands. Develops and maintains computerized inventory system.
- Maintains replenishment model information, including monitoring the accuracy of weekly data, history, network changes, lead-times, new products, pricing and customer service performance goals, and updating as required.
- Manages inventories through analysis and operations of the replenishment system, including maintaining inputs to computerized inventory system. Includes monitoring of part availability, repair turnaround, inventory levels and assures support requirements and schedules are met.
- Coordinates with purchasing, production planning, and warehouse personnel to ensure appropriate routing, scheduling, and storing of goods.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies. Exerts some influence on the overall objective and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented position.
- May be assigned to provisioning, inventory management, spares, replenishment and/or return areas.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
- US Ctizenship Permanent residency
- Inventory forecasting and/or planning
- Experience with formulating aftermarket service support plans to resolve obsolescence issues preferred
- SAP preferred or similar ERP system
- American Production & Inventory Control Certified in Production & Inventory Management (CPIM) or equivalent certification preferred
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.