What You Will Do: Provide consultation and subject matter expertise to the key business stakeholders, to research, identify and recommend the appropriate category strategies for various procurement projects that you will manage in a growing wealth management firm. You will gain a deep understanding of your stakeholders needs, and provide guidance and recommendations as their trusted strategic partner. Through your effective contract negotiations and vendor management and oversight, you will ensure successful on-time project delivery, supplier compliance, and cost savings.
What You Will Learn: You will develop a deep understanding of our corporate structure, stakeholder needs, current processes, resources, and sourcing initiatives, in order to become a valued partner to your stakeholders, and make recommendations on suppliers’ performance to ensure optimal support of Transamerica’s objectives.
What Success Looks Like:
- Works independently to execute category, commodity or supplier specific sourcing strategies for high complexity transactions and drive this across functional organizations and business units to affect policies, processes and procedures having an impact on revenue and profitability.
- Conducts benchmarking to ensure proposed supplier solutions are competitive to the market
- Performs market research to understand and document competitive supplier landscape and service capabilities
- Participates on local or global cross-functional teams to assist the with analyzing procurement spend trends using data derived from available spend data, with the evaluation of sourcing opportunities, with pre-award and post-award procurement activities, such as volume reporting and evaluation of RFP responses, and with reporting and analysis used to develop and implement the selected the supplier
- Perform program management activities for procurement-owned programs, as applicable to the commodity area. Duties include but are not limited to: managing catalogs, processing non-catalog requisitions, researching new suppliers, short-form agreements, renewals, and identifying cost-saving opportunities within managed programs
- Ensures project milestones are met and benefits delivered; Resolves supplier issues that arise during implementations, acting as a liaison with Project and Divisional Management
- Escalates issues as needed to Senior Management; Provides transition support for exiting existing supplier relationships
- Creates and manages supplier request for proposals (RFPs)
- Perform preparation, review and analysis of contract language to mitigate risk
- Successful use of Ariba to manage requests, sourcing activities and contracts
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management, or other directly applicable field or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in category procurement, strategic sourcing, supplier management and contract management
- Experience with the supplier identification, selection and negotiation process
- Knowledge of supplier management best practices and industry trends.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and drive change.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to put strategic plans into operation.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and support activities within a single job function.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package, Pension Plan, 401K Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, and more
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid time to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
- General Office
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
This job description is not a contract of employment nor for any specific job responsibilities. The Company may change, add to, remove, or revoke the terms of this job description at its discretion. Managers may assign other duties and responsibilities as needed. In the event an employee or applicant requests or requires an accommodation in order to perform job functions, the applicable HR Business Partner should be contacted to evaluate the accommodation request.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.